Xavier Picks Up 2017 4-star

2017 4-star shooting guard Elias Harden committed to Xavier on Wednesday over Maryland, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, and others. Of the two predictions in Harden’s 247Sports Crystal Ball, one prediction favored Virginia Tech, while the second one headed Xavier’s direction. Harden is ranked #92 nationally by 247Sports.

Harden is listed at 6-6 and 175 pounds. Last year, Harden attended Sandy Creek High School in Tyrone, Georgia. The Patriots were ranked as the #48 basketball school in the state of Georgia last season, finishing with a 21-8 record. Harden will be transferring to Pebblebrook High School next season.

On the floor, Harden is a great shooter and scorer. He averaged 20.9 points per game at Sandy Creek last season. Defensively, Harden is a fantastic on ball and perimeter defender. He averaged 2.3 steals per game and 0.6 blocks per game last season. Harden told HoopSeen.com that Xavier sees him “contributing all around: shooting, scoring, defending.” Harden may see many minutes as a combo guard at Xavier, as his size would better fit as a shooting guard, and Harden himself admitted that he is more of a combo guard than anything.

3-star small forward Jared Ridder and Harden are the two commitments for Chris Mack’s 2017 recruiting class. Xavier is recruiting many 2017 prospects, though two recruits in particular are likely to end up at Xavier. 4-star small forward Jermaine Samuels and 4-star shooting guard Naji Marshall have Xavier as the favorite to land them in their respective Crystal Ball’s. As for Samuels, Xavier holds 71% of the Crystal Ball, while Connecticut holds the remaining 29%. Xavier holds 100% of the Crystal Ball for Marshall.

Leave a Reply