The first live period in July is now over and we continue to gain clarity on the 2018 and 2019 recruits. It is extremely difficult to judge anything in a macro sense based on which coaches are watching games because there are so many games and so many talented players on each team. CPP expects many lists to get cut down over the next six weeks as well as quite a few commitments. IU is the winner of this recruiting update with 3 commitments over a 24 hour span. Archie Miller is selling his new vision for IU basketball.
- 4-star PF Race Thompson has committed to IU and reclassified to 2017. He expects to redshirt and spend a year working on his game. Race is from Minnesota and ranked in the Top 70 of 247 Composite for 2018.
- 5-star SF Reggie Perry has committed to Mississippi State. Ben Howland continues to collect top recruits. Perry is from Georgia and ranked 15th on the 247 Composite.
- 4-star SF/PF Jerome Hunter has committed to Indiana University. Archie Miller continues to make huge gains after only taking the IU job months ago. Hunter is from Ohio and ranked 60th in in The 247 Composite.
- 4-star SG/SF Damezi Anderson has also committed to Indiana University. Archie Miller snags 3 top 100 recruits in 24 hours. Anderson is from Indiana and ranked 91st in his class.
- 4-star SF Jarvis Thomas has committed to Minnesota. Thomas is from Minnesota and is ranked 164th in the 2018 class.
Lists Cut Down
- Players are usually do not cut their lists down until the end of the July live periods so while there have been no major lists cut down this week, expect this section to become the busiest section of the next few recruiting updates.