Meet the Writers: Jonathan Janas
- School, hometown, major, graduation date
From Chicagoland to The University of Missouri, Majoring in Digital Storytelling, Graduating in 2018
- What are some of your career goals?
Plan to work my way into the film industry, acting, and screenwriting. Currently work in the Sports Department at 88.1FM KCOU Columbia
- What are some of your hobbies and interests (besides college basketball)?
Huge movie buff, and an amateur stand-up comedian on the side
- Who is your favorite player in the past or present to play at your school and why?
Phil Pressey. He was such a great floor general, in-game manager, and playmaker. The man kept the Tigers competitive with the big names of the Big 12 at the time.
- What is your favorite game that you have attended since you’ve been on campus and why?
Sadly in my tenure here at Mizzou, I haven’t had the luxury of seeing that many good games. The first round loss to South Carolina in the 2015 SEC Tournament was the best because of the pageantry of the event, and the way those young guys pushed until the final buzzer and showed promise for the future.
- What is your favorite place to eat on or near campus and why?
While Shakespeare’s Pizza is under repair, I’d have to go with Shiloh Bar & Grill. How could you beat Bottomless Wings on Thursdays?
- What made you interested in joining the College Pride Press team?
An old friend contacted me with the opportunity and I couldn’t wait to get back in the Sportswriting game.